Monday, October 20, 2008

All Good Things...

I write this sitting in the great center of civilization that is the Nakusp Library. The free fall that has hits the stock market has had a very strong impact on the company I was working for. I just received a note that the camp will be reduced to 2 people crew this winter and I am going to guess that it is going to be a long recovery.

I am not going to complain. I had a run of nearly two and a half years of solid employment, I was in the back of my mind expecting to be placed on the expendable list at any moment. It was an interesting time. I did not perhaps record it clearly enough in this venue as I had worries about leaking information and respecting the privacy of my coworkers. In this time I have learned to understand Newfie speed mumbling, and met folks form a large slice of Canada.

I have gained enough material resources to have the means to enjoy a healthy amount of time off to catch up on some living.
Not feeling inclined to write a long essay I will leave it at this and post some photos form the time up there.










No comments: